1. Capable of being driven around by all 4X4's, from a Vitara to a Unimog!
2. Non Damaging, there may be a few thin branches or bushes, but as long as you stay on the marked route you should avoid bodywork or mechanical damage.
3.Capable of being driven around by without major incident, you may need a little tow!, by novice drivers, although would expect you to need 4 wheel drive and the difflock at some points!
Also if you are unsure how to drive off-road, want to know what you or your car can and cant tackle, or want to know what all those levers, difflocks and other bits are for we are here to help! At the driving days we will have appointed experienced, safe and relatively sane people to either drive you around in their own car, or sit next to you in yours to advise how to tackle the course, obstacles and what to do if you get stuck, this would include:
1. Going up hills and what to do if you cannot make the top! Like this!
2. How to control your speed on a downward slope and what to do if you start skidding on a downward slope. Like this!
3. Driving in ruts to avoid breaking your thumbs Like this!
4. How to get recovered or recover someone else safely, like this!
This will all be done to a basic level to allow you to enjoy the day and get the most out of your 4X4 in the future, not to be one of the 98% of 4X4's which never go off-road, and no longer will you think a Cross Axle is a angry Beverley Hills Cop!
We will try to show you that you can have a good day out, get nice and muddy to impress or upset the neighbours, without damaging your car, yourself or anyone else!
For more details contact the committee so we can make sure there will be someone to help when you come on the driving days